Sunday, October 17, 2010

You're Gonna Miss This.

So often I find myself waiting in anticipation for what the future will bring.  I have no doubts it gets better, as it's already gotten better from the past.  I'm so eager to find out what the next, new stage of my life has in store for me.  I dream about the future so frequently that it brings me down.  Down, because I don't yet have those things.  Of course I only dream about the good things, and forget to realize that along with the good comes the bad.  But in my anticipation for whatever life is going to bring, maybe I don't appreciate enough where I currently am.

As much as I miss parts of the past and dream about the future, now is really all I have.  These are good times in my life.  Now.  Living at home with my parents, getting to know them as the people they are not just mom and dad, buying my first truck, contemplating going back to school, making new friends, trying new things, volunteering my time.   All good things.  I guess it is human nature to want more, what you don't have.

I heard this song the other day.  It couldn't be more fitting for the way I've been feeling lately.  As hard, as lonely, as busy or as boring as these days may seem to me, I know eventually I will miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment