Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sex Appeal.

This whole thing is starting to actually really piss me off.  I don't watch a lot of TV.  I just don't have the time, which is probably for the best considering all the girls and their half naked bodies all over the freakin place.  Half naked in videos, on TV shows, and in commercials.  In addition to the weight loss commercials that pop up every 4 minutes.

I was watching COUNTRY music videos today, and I was getting all down on myself.  Sex appeal has even made itself prominent in country music videos.  Can you believe it?  One had a girl on a bra and panties rolling around on a bed with her big ol' boobs popping out.  Then a weight loss commercial came on that had an overweight girl, you know shrink down to a perfectly toned and tanned body within seconds.  Are you kidding me?

I'm not even over weight.  In fact, I'm pretty in shape (except for the fact that I feel gross, because I haven't ran in forever, and these shows and commercials are just making me feel more like crap for it).  I am by no means over weight, or out of shape.  I should have no reason to feel bad about my body.  Sure, I have a roll or two, my butt jiggles a little, my thighs could be toner.  Whatever.  It's normal.  I'm a freaking size 4.  I should love my body.  But I don't.

My boobs could be bigger.  My stomach could be flatter.  My butt could be harder.  My biceps could be more prominent.  Could, could, could, could.  It makes me so mad.  I don't want to feel this way.  When perfectly fit, tanned, and toned women are shown all over the place, and celebrities are criticized for looking like we do, how can we not help but feel inferior?  No wonder women are insecure about their bodies.

There's no mystery to being a woman anymore.  When they run around in skin tight mini skirts and little midriff, low cut tops, what's left to the imagination?  Very little.  It's gotten out of control.  I don't like seeing half naked women everywhere.  It's demoralizing.  It's shallow.  It's degrading.  Women are strong, mysterious, healthy, intelligent, controlled.  They are the backbone to nearly every family.  I'm tired of us being portrayed as sex objects rather than the honorable people we are.

We grow little humans inside of us.  We aren't all made to be models.  We are beautiful the way we are.  Every roll, every wrinkle, every stretch mark tells a story.  It's a body that's been lived in.  It's a strong, healthy, indulgent body.  It's a body we all need to be proud of, because it's ours.  It's taken us through a journey of life.  It's taken us through ups and downs, good times and bad, partying years and mothering years, adolescent years and mature years.  It's healthy and normal.  And a healthy body is a sexy body.

No comments:

Post a Comment