Saturday, October 2, 2010

Playing Mom.

My mom left last week to go to Holland on business.  She won't be back until Saturday, so I've been playing mom.  I've been watering the plants, feeding the dogs, washing the dishes, doing the laundry, buying groceries, checking in with Nana, my sister and my dad.  All on top of working till 4 everyday, 2 nights of softball, 1 night of either softball or my women's group.  I've been freaking busy.

It's times like these that make me really appreciate my mom (and all moms) for what they do.  My sister and I are grown up and can take care of ourselves, and it's still a lot to do.  I couldn't imagine having to make breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for everyone, taking kids to school or sports, doctors appointments and play dates.  I guess when it's your life you don't know anything different, and you do what you have to do. But that's not my life, so I don't know!

It's weird cause it's not like I've never lived on my own.  I had a house to clean, a yard to keep up, bills to pay, meals to make.  It's just different when it's not yours and you have someone else depending on you.  My parents house it a lot bigger than my house was.  My dad's home on the weekends, so I have to make sure there's enough food in the house and make dinner when he's home.  Last night my dad did take me out to dinner.  Afterwards we went to the grocery store, where I had to buy (just to point out)!  I said "Dad, go pick out the cereal you want."  Just like a little kid, cause seriously that's what I feel like I'm taking care of sometimes.

I don't have a problem doing his laundry, making his meals.  He's done a lot more for me for a lot less.  It's just the point being, I am so not ready to be a mom!  I'm not ready for this to be my life.  I don't mind doing it for myself during the week, because I could have yogurt and berries for every meal and be completely satisfied.  Taking care of someone else and keeping up a home is a lot of work.

My hat goes off to the moms.  You are strong and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment