Monday, August 30, 2010

Distractions.

Over the past year, I've become involved with a lot of things.  Between work, softball, running, my women's group, now archery and golf, and just hanging out with friends, I have very little free time.  I get stir crazy with too much time on my hands, so keeping busy has been great.  At first I didn't think much about taking on so many things, it was more just so I would have things to do.  I was creating a life that was my own.  They are still fun.  I still like to do them.  But they're not just things to do anymore, they've become distractions from the things that bring me down.

I think too much when I have time on my hands.  I feel like now I'm keeping busy, so I don't get down about certain things in my life.  It's one thing to go about it and be clueless, but another to recognize it and be completely aware of the reasons why.  It's almost more depressing, but I'll keep doing what I'm doing.  I have my moments where I just need to break down, then I can pick myself up and move on stronger.

I may feel my life is full of distractions, but they are good distractions.  Right now, I need them.  They keep me going, and they make me happy.  That happiness leaves me with a positive attitude knowing, that this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment