Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lee Brice.

Saturday, June 26 at the Ranch in San Miguel.  

A few days earlier a friend and I were talking about how Lee Brice was going to be performing locally.  I didn't really know any of his songs besides "Love Like Crazy" which plays on the radio at least 3 times a day, (and that's just while I'm at work).  She asked if I wanted to go, and I said sure, why not?  For like $10 more you could get a VIP ticket.  We had no idea what that entailed, you just had to be 21 to buy it.  VIP?  We're so there.

On Friday my friend went and bought his CD, because neither of us had it.  We had 24 hours to learn his songs.  We listened to it on repeat over, and over, and over, and over.  By Saturday night, I knew maybe 2 songs, including the one that's always on the radio.


The VIP seats were right next to the stage.  We had our own little table with our name reserved on it, and a waitress to take our orders. Right before the show Lee (like I know him) peaked out the curtains right behind us to check out the crowd.  We tried to get pictures then, but some crazy solo chick swooped in and tried to pick up on him. Watching that was actually more entertaining than if we had gotten a picture with him. 


 We hung around at the end of the show, because we were waiting for our ride.  It really worked in our favor, because he came out to take pictures and sign autographs.


He put on a really good show.  Considering he only has 1 cd out, he played a long set.  He did a few covers of songs he wrote for other people.  I was surprised to find out he wrote "Still" for Tim McGraw and "More Than A Memory" for Garth Brooks.  I handed him my concert ticket for him to sign, and he said "What's your name?"  I told him, and he said "L. A. C. Y?"  He didn't add an E to my name.  It scored him a few extra points, I'm not gonna lie!

No comments:

Post a Comment