Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tv Land.

A friend and I were at a restaurant the other day. While we were waiting for our food, I picked up one of the little trivia cards they had out on the table. I can't tell you what the question was, but it had to do with some old time Tv show. I quickly stated the answer (as to beat my friend's response), but she just stared at me blankly. She obviously had no idea. "Sweet, I'm already one up," I thought. So I grabbed another card. It was another old Tv show question. Again, I shouted out my answer with excitement. My friend just stared at me. She asked "How do you know all these answers?" I was like "Didn't you ever watch old Tv shows on Tv Land? Gilligan's Island? I Love Lucy?" She replied, "Not really." Are you freaking kidding me?!?!!

I used to love Tv Land. The best shows used to be played at night. For as far back as I can remember, when my sister and I would stay at my Nana's house, that was the channel of choice. We would stay up late with our bowls of ice cream, while my grandpa snored away in his chair. We would watch everything: Gilligan's Island, Green Acres, I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch, I Dream of Jeannie, Sanford and Son, Petticoat Junction, Bewitched, The Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbilly's, and our favorite The Golden Girls.

I don't think Tv Land even plays a lot of these shows anymore, which I find a little disappointing. I really miss these old shows! I hope it's not one of those things were I watch them after like 10 years, and think to myself "Omg, this is horrible. How did I ever like this? It's so stupid. Shit like that, does not actually happen. People are not that dumb. I shouldn't have watched this. I should have left it on a good note, thinking about how great it was, but no. I had to go ruin it be bringing back the good times, that have now become bad!"

I think I'm gonna take the chance anyway. You can buy a lot of the seasons off Amazon. I just hope they will be worth the $30 + shipping! Now, if I only I can choose which show to start with! I still watch Golden Girls all the time, because they're everywhere on Tv. Besides, I think I've seen every episode at least 5 times already. I'm thinking of starting off with Petticoat Junction or Green Acres. I remember liking those ones, but I never got to see a lot of the episodes.

I'm actually quite excited to buy these. I can't wait to tell my Nana after I have it. She will be so pumped! We might have to do a weekly movie night, bring back those memories. Nana would love that.

I can't be the only one who used to love all these shows. Have you ever heard of them? Did you watch them and love them? Which were your favorites? I'm really curious, because my friend was pretty much clueless to the fact that they actually excited, besides maybe I Love Lucy.

No comments:

Post a Comment