Saturday, January 29, 2011

Heartfelt.

Today started as rough day.  I've been stressed and completely overwhelmed with this new routine of schoolwork.  I know things will get better as I get used to it, but right now the change seems bigger than big.  My brain is working on overload, and to be honest, my family is bugging the crap out of me.  I just want some me time.  Time where I'm not obligated to be somewhere by a certain time.  I want to just be left alone to do what I want.  I don't want to be asked where I'm going, what I'm doing, and who I'm doing it with.  I just want to be.

My last item on the agenda for the day, BBQ.  What can go wrong having good food with good friends?  Nothing.  And that's exactly what happened.  I sat.  I visited.  I listened to music, worship songs of all things.  But you know what?  It was awesome.  I love that my friends' kids run around with no pants on.  I love that the dog has "leaking anal glands."  And I love that acoustic worship songs were sung.  Such moments are what makes great memories and builds strong friendships.  It's the values and comfort you share with each other.

Had I of stayed home, I would have been holed up in my room, moping and sad.  I would have been irritated with my dad, because "I had an attitude" most the day, and I'm sure it would have caused a confrontation and argument by this evening.  I would have been mad that I spent my Saturday night on school work, when I spent all of my morning doing the same.

Everything happens for a reason.  And sometimes friends without even realizing can make small gestures that mean so much more.  Today BBQ meant the world to me.  It meant time for me, doing what I wanted, with company I enjoy.  It was filled with laughter and music, God and friendship.  It made me realize how amazing these friends I have are, how lucky I am, and how I will savor those moments forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment