Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Feeling Good.

Today has been a good day.

I'm home alone this week and just that feeling of independence has me feeling good in general.  I've been enjoying waking up alone, turning on the heater, taking a nice warm shower, eating breakfast without any distractions, and getting ready with no conversation or interruptions.  It's peaceful and liberating.  It's responsible and grown up.  It's my own routine.  It's me, myself, and my world.  All mine...if only for one more day.

Work has been busy, and for that I am thankful.  My days are going by faster, and I'm feeling productive.  I've taken over a new project, something I'm very excited to be doing.  But I am feeling a little discouraged because I am so eager to get caught up with it, I just haven't had the time.  I should have time tomorrow and Friday to get some of it done though, and it's not really a pressing issue.  I just like to be on top of things, and the person I'm taking it over from, has not been on top of it!

I went for a short run today with a friend.  We have never ran together before, but it was good.  I think we will keep up on it.  I needed to run today.  I needed that time to clear my head and be outdoors.  My brain was fried by the end of the day, and I really needed that release from the day.

Meeting with the girls every week has become something I really look forward to every week.  I feel so thankful and fortunate to call these ladies my friends.  I feel our friendships growing with every week we meet.  I haven't had good girlfriends in a very long time.  I learn from them.  I admire them.  They are strong.  They are beautiful.  They are amazing.  They are  a part of a change in my life.  They will see me grow and become closer to God.  What  a great experience to share with people I love!

I paid for my classes, my books, and my parking permit.  I am 3 steps closer to my goal.  I am officially in the process of finishing my GE, and it feels good.  That has been in the back of my mind for a long time now, and I'm so glad it's in motion.

Today, I feel content.  Today has been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment