Tuesday, September 14, 2010

THAT girl.

You know the one I'm talking about.  The one all the boys seem to drool over.  Yeah, she's kinda pretty, and she's pretty nice.  But you just don't get what the hype is all about.

She's blonde, of course.  Her hair is always perfectly styled and never out of place.  She's got big boobs and wears the low cut shirts to show 'em off.  She's tan with a decent body.  Her nails are always done, and she almost always wears heels.  She wears a lot of make up and dresses like she's ready for any occasion at any time.  She's confident and independent.   She's high maintenance, outgoing and flirty.

I am not this girl.  Obviously.  But you know, I really don't want to be.  We all have that girl we feel inferior to.  And even though she's a lot of things I'm not, I know I am a lot of things she's not.  Better things, at least in my opinion (and really that's all that counts)!

I may be shy, quiet, and unsociable at times.  I may prefer to wear flip flops and t-shirts.  I may not be flirty and outgoing, but I like who I am.  A lot.  It's taken me years to even feel comfortable saying that.  I've come a long way and learned a lot in the process.  I am strong, and I am beautiful - inside and out.

But sometimes I forget that about myself.  Sometimes it takes that girl to remind me of who I am and what I love about who I've become.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so with you on this. I am not that girl. And now I'm almost 29 and I'm just figuring out that I like who I am. Finally. I spent so many years wishing I was something else. And that's done. Isn't that a great feeling? To be soo okay with who you are. I love the feeling!

    ReplyDelete