Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Better than me.

Lately I've been finding myself so concerned with others.  What they have that I don't.  Where their lives are going opposed to my own.  What they do or say that supposedly makes them better than me.  What qualities make them more approachable.  I know these thoughts are no good, and they've just been bringing me down, way down.

I try to give myself a little prep talk, think it through, remind myself of how great I am, what a good person I am, the talents and values I have, etc.  This is only works so much, so often.  And I've had to reassure myself with these good thoughts more often than I'd like to admit.

But last night I was reading this book, and the author was telling a little story.  One phrase in particular really caught me eye.  "But I entrust my tree to its God.  He who made it knows better what it needs than a man like me.  I laid no condition.  I fixed not ways or means.  'Lord, send what it needs,' I prayed, 'storm or sunshine, wind, rain, or frost.  Thou has made it and Thou dost know.'"  (I believe this came from Streams in the Desert by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman).

This is exactly what I need to do, put more of my faith back in the Lord.  I have been given a path.  It has gotten me to where I am and will get me to where I'm supposed to go.  I need to focus less on what others have that I do not.  They were given a different path that leads them in a different direction.  I need to remember to be patient.  Question less and be thankful more.

Of all things, He is better than me.  He provides for me, cares for me, guides me and loves me unconditionally.  I shouldn't question the things He has put in my life.  There is a reason.  He created me.  He knows what's best for me, and He will lead me.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post Lacy. And once again, I can totally relate. I think I said this when I commented on your last blog... but it's taken me 28 years to figure this out and I'm still JUST figuring it out. It's taken me so long to figure out that I have what I need for right now. I'm content. God provides for me. And I'm thankful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete