Thursday, May 19, 2011

Not As Good As I Once Was...

When I started playing softball again, I quickly learned I was not as good as I once was.  How could I not be good at slowpitch, when I was great at fastpitch?  I guess when you take a few years off, don't practice for hours during the week, and play tournaments every weekend, your skills tend to downgrade a bit.  I'm going to admit that I am still good, because hey, it's the truth.  I'm just not as great as I used to be.
I don't learn like I used to either.  It seemed like I could learn anything, and the learning process just seemed to come naturally.  I don't know if it's what I'm learning now, or if I really don't learn things as quickly as I used to.  Whatever it is, I've definitely noticed I just don't learn the way I used to.
I've never really been too concerned with my weight, until about 2 years ago when I got on this healthy lifestyle kick.  I need to lose like 10 pounds.  That is my goal.  For two reasons: one - I've gained some weight, and I want to get back to a comfortable place.  Two:  I need to know I can go it.  I exercise regularly, and I watch what I eat already.  I've been trying to lose weight for a good at least 6 months, and it hasn't happened.  I'm getting super frustrated.  My cousin said to me the other day, "I stopped eating out, and now I only drink half a Coke, and I've lost like a ton of weight."  Umm...that's cool.  I rarely eat out, and when I do I watch my intake, and I never drink soda.  If eating right and exercise are the keys to losing weight, why hasn't it worked for me???  It's made me notice, my body doesn't function the way it used to.  I've already gotten to that point where losing weight is hard.  When did that happen?!!  I'm not even 30!
Growing up and older, I can deal with.  It's not all that bad.  Good things will happen in my future.  What is bad, is realizing I'm not as good as I once was....with a lot of things.  Good thing I know when some skills slowly decline, other skills will rise.  Still, it's a little disappointing.


No comments:

Post a Comment