Monday, November 1, 2010

Fashion Smashion.

I have no fashion sense.  Okay, maybe just a little one, because my clothes aren't totally hideous and mismatched.  I like to shop, but I don't like spending my money.  I like to buy new clothes, but I'm really picky about prices.  I like to shop at Forever 21, Modcloth.com, Old Navy, Marshall's, and really just wherever else I happen to find something I like.  I used to love Urban Outfitters.  Then I just got tired of spending a lot of money on poor quality clothing.

I don't really have a style.  I will buy anything that I think I may wear one day, or might go with something, or I just think is cute and want it hanging in my closet to never wear.  I am always looking at other girls thinking "Man, she has such cute style and taste.  Even on her bad days, she looks adorable.  I'm totally jealous."

Erin's little Fall Fashion Week got me thinking.  This could be a good little challenge.  I'm currently in that "I hate everything I have in my closet.  Even though I just went shopping and got a few new things, it isn't enough."  Plus the changing of the weather just has me so indecisive of what to wear in the mornings.  My office is upstairs and usually warm all day.  So even if it's cold outside, I know I'll be warm.  It makes choosing what to wear difficult.

I took a few pictures of my outfits over the course of the week (mostly when I remembered and had time before running out the door).  Here's what I came up with:


I think this was Tuesday's outfit.  I really wanted to wear a different sweater, but I didn't have one in the right color with the right fit that I wanted.  The top is really blousey, not something I would ever normally pick out.  I wanted something different so decided to give it a shot.

Sweater:  Collection's
Top:  Collection's
Jeans:  Old Navy
Shoes:  Nordstrom Rack
Necklace:  Not sure


This must have been Wednesday.  The weather was supposed to be warm, so I knew it was gonna be hot in the office all day.

Tank top:  Target (on sale for $2.50)!
Sweater:  Marshall's
Skirt:  Old Navy
Shoes:  Nordstrom Rack
Necklace:  Forever 21


Wednesday night my mom and I went to the outlets.  I got these new pair of jeans and couldn't wait to wear them.  Besides being really long, they fit perfectly and were super comfortable.  I kinda like them cuffed, so I'm not sure if I want them tailored or not.

Shirt:  I dunno. My mom got it.
Sweater:  Target
Jeans:  Levi Outlet
Shoes:  Nordstrom Rack (again, I live in these shoes)
Necklace:  Not sure
Hat:  Pac Sun


I wasn't too excited with Friday's outfit.  The burgundy sweater was kinda dressier, and I wanted to tone it down.  I'm not crazy about it over the shirt, but whatever.  It was the end of the week, and I really just wanted to throw on a sweatshirt and be done with it.

Shirt:  No idea
Sweater:  Ann Taylor
Jeans:  Aeropostle
Shoes:  Nine West
Necklace:  Ann Taylor

This was actually kinda fun, because now looking back at my outfits, it's....I dunno.  Maybe I'll keep a "Clothing" file on my computer with pictures of outfits to go to, when I don't know what to wear.  Is that totally weird?  I did notice that I need another pair of black flats or at least more in general, because I wear those black ones far too much.  I wore a different white top most days this week.  Funny how that happened....and, I look really short in my pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I think you have good style! You have cute clothes. Simple but super cute. I'm all about simple. And my favorite of yours is the green cardigan with the beanie. I loved that one. It looks comfy and cute/stylish. I also really like the burgundy sweater vest over the white shirt. I'm glad you posted these. How fun! This makes me want to try and do this once a month or something... just for fun!

    ReplyDelete